Tuesday 14 October 2008

London three weeks on...













Trafalgar Square, London / Image: Ffion Rees

I have been living in London for three weeks now and am starting to get used to this fast-paced 'everyone gets on with it' sort of approach to life.

I have to admit that a number of people warned me before my move, some very bluntly saying that I wouldn't last more than a week.

But here I am three weeks on having a fantastic experience.

There are things about home that are irreplaceable - there's nothing nicer than a home cooked meal or walking down the street where everybody knows everything about everyone.


In London, people don't seem to be that interested about the person sitting next to them on the tube and I have quickly learnt not to apologize when I bump into someone, as everyone does it to each other.

As much as I can foresee that this is not where I will spend the rest of my life, I am so pleased that I made the final decision to come to this city and experience this completely different way of life.

There is always something to do in London and things to see and that is what I have really come to love.

I have not once sat in my room bored, complaining that I have nothing to do to keep me entertained.


And if I wasn't here, I wouldn't be going to the London Assembly to see Boris Johnson tomorrow which I am very excited about.

I will let you know how I get on...

No comments: